GEEK is proud to be co-sponsoring some exciting programming at New York Comic Con Super Week in which New Yorkers will celebrate an entire week of geekdom throughout the five boroughs. Geek is presenting a six hour seminar, “Writing & Selling Your Genre Television, Film, Comic Book, Novel and More!!!” with a star-studded panel of writers, producers, agents, directors, publishers and more.
Taking place from 10:30 – 5 PM at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Friday, October 10t.
So whether you’re looking to break into the highly competitive worlds of Hollywood screenwriting or television production, create your own comic book or publish your first novel — or just want insider insight into what goes into making your favorite TV shows and movies — this is the seminar for you. Find out how the industry is changing dramatically and why there has never been a better time to make and sell your own projects. If you want to realize your ambitions to write and produce original genre material, then don’t miss this exciting full-day workshop. This six-hour master class will feature some of the leading names working in the field today:
• Sarah Watson (Parenthood, About A Boy, The Middleman)
• Ashley E. Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor, Fringe)
• Pouya Shabazia (producert, Divergent, Insurgent, Red Queen)
• Amy Berg (Person of Interest, Eureka, Caper)
• Chris Parnell (Senior VP, Drama Development & Production, Sony Pictures Television)
• Mark A. Altman (Free Enterprise, Castle, DOA: Dead Or Alive)
• Thomas P. Vitale (EVP Chiller Strategic Ops, Syfy Original Movies and Co-Productions)
• Craig Engler (Z Nation)
• Brendan Deneen (head of Film/TV Division at Macmillan Publishers)
• Steve Kriozere (NCIS, V.I.P., Necessary Roughness)
• Christian Gossett (The Red Star, Axanar)
• David E. Williams (producer, Femme Fatales, Lifeforce: The Space Vampires)
• Andrew Goldman (VP, Program Strategy and Planning, HBO/Cinemax)
• Corey Sienega (producer, Bride of Chucky, Frailty)
Each segment of the program will also include Q&A opportunities, giving attendees the chance to interact directly with the panelists and learn from their experiences. Take-home workbooks and materials will also be distributed to every attendee.
“We’re really excited to be presenting this fantastic workshop with our friends at New York Comic Con,” says Geek founding publisher, Mark A. Altman. “Fans around the world want to know how to break-in to the business and have a successful writing and producing career in television, film, novels and comic books and with our panel of experts from throughout these fields, Unlike other panels and seminars given by so-called experts, each of these individuals really has extensive experience in their respective fields and has a lot of knowledge to impart to the workshop participants.”
Additional Geek panels will be announced shortly. Fans can find out more about the Writers’ Workshop for Genre Writing & Producing and New York Super Week by visiting the official New York Comic Con website.