The Saul Zaentz Company has filed a trademark for the term “Middle-Earth” for use in amusement/theme parks. For those unfamiliar, the Saul Zaentz Company are the holders to the film/stage/merchandise rights of The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. While this is not official confirmation of the theme park happening, it shows that there is interest in the strong possibility of Middle Earth becoming the next land we could venture off to.
Suppose it does happen? The excitement would no doubt surpass that of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We’re talking about a land that has had so many epic events transpire upon it with lots of great potential for immersive adventures!
- Having as many breakfasts you can fit in before lunch in Hobbiton!
- A challenging ride where One Does Not Simply Walk Into Mordor.
- Almost get eaten by a Spider as you run through Shelob’s Lair.
- Get on a Misty Mountain Rollercoaster or Dark Ride.
- A Balrog drop that, right before you plummet into mines of Moria, you hear Gandalf shout ‘You Shall Not Pass!’
- An interactive Gollum riddle show with a voice actor (Think Turtle Talk with Crush like Disney has)
- A bunch of Treehouses in Lothlorien.
- A water ride where you take a boat of Lorien down the Fall of Rauros like Boromir’s body.
- What are some lands or rides you can see in a future Middle Earth theme park?
*See filed trademark document posted by Theme Park Rumors