Stephen Chiodo’s Killer Klowns from Outer Space is one of the most popular cult classics of the last few decades. Released in 1988, the film didn’t do great at the box office during its initial release, but has since become a favorite amongst movie buffs and horror fans. Co-written and produced by the director’s brothers, Charles and Edward Chiodo, Killer Klowns is Stephen’s only feature-length directorial outing, but he has expressed an interest in directing a sequel, though rumor has it that the idea is stuck in development hell, and has been for some time.
A synopsis for the film reads:
When teenagers Mike (Grant Cramer) and Debbie (Suzanne Snyder) see a comet crash outside their sleepy small town, they investigate and discover a pack of murderous aliens who look very much like circus clowns. They try to warn the local authorities, but everyone assumes their story is a prank. Meanwhile, the clowns set about harvesting and eating as many people as they can. It’s not until they kidnap Debbie that Mike decides it’s up to him to stop the clowns’ bloody rampage.
Arrow Video is releasing a Blu-Ray for Killer Klowns in March 2018, complete with a brand new restoration and a buttload of special features, including:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song – an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking – all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco – an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie’s Big Night – an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things – a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns – archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. – archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns – archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns – archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker’s audio commentary
- Image Galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Below, you can check out some original artwork by Sara Deck, which will be featured on the Blu-Ray cover:
Killer Klowns from Outer Space is coming to Blu-Ray on March 26th in the UK and March 27th in the US.
Images: Arrow Video, Trans World Entertainment, MGM
Source: Bloody Disgusting